The Global dentures market size is expected to reach $2.3 billion by 2028, according to a new report from Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2021 to 2028. The advancements in dental prostheses and the growing demand for dental prostheses by the geriatric population are expected to drive the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Main information and conclusions of the report:
- Based on type, the full dentures segment dominated the market with a revenue share of approximately 73.0% in 2020. Conventional full dentures replicate gingival tissues and are preferred by the toothless geriatric population. Additionally, the adoption of CAD/CAM techniques has facilitated precision in the design and fabrication of complete dentures.
- Based on usage, the removable prosthetics segment held the majority of the market share in terms of revenue in 2020, as it is a popular and traditionally preferred prosthetic option. They cost less than fixed prostheses and are less invasive
- On the basis of end-use, the dental clinics and hospitals segment held the majority of the market in terms of revenue share in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. This is due to the availability of specialist dentists, cost-effective services and state-of-the-art infrastructure
- In 2020, North America led the market in terms of revenue share related to state-of-the-art healthcare infrastructure, widespread independent dental clinics, and growth in disposable income.
- In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 10.4% during the forecast period owing to the growing awareness of oral care, growth in the number of independent dental practices and increase in tourism dentistry in the region.
Read the 80-page market research report, “Dentures Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Type (Full, Partial), By Use (Removable, Fixed), By End Use (Dental Clinics & Hospitals), By Region and Forecast segments, 2021-2028,by Grand View Research
According to the FDI World Dental Federation, dental disease affects more than 3.9 billion people worldwide, with untreated dental caries affecting more than 40% of the world’s population.
According to the US CDC, about 25% of adults have one or more untreated dental problems.
In emerging economies like India and China, tooth loss, dental caries, periodontal disease, xerostomia and potentially malignant conditions are more commonly seen in older people with poor oral hygiene. According to the World Dental Federation, globally, approximately 30% of people aged 65 to 74 do not have a natural tooth, and this burden is expected to increase as the population ages. The increasing incidence of oral diseases among the elderly is expected to drive the demand for dental prostheses in the coming years.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a severe impact on the dental care industry in the initial stage. Due to the social distancing guidelines imposed, dental offices were not allowed to operate. Dentists were only allowed in emergencies. According to the ADA, elective dental procedures had to be postponed. However, the market recovered at a steady pace.
Grand View Research has segmented the global dental prostheses market based on type, usage, end use, and region:
- Dentures Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Dentures Utilization Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Dentures End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Dental clinics and hospitals
- Dentures Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players in the Dentures Market
- DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc.
- COLTENE Holding SA
- IvoclarVivadent AG
- Modern Dental Group Ltd.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
- Thommen Medical AG
- dental GC
- Amann Girrbach AG
Check out more studies related to dental and oral care, published by Grand View Research:
- dental services market – The global dental services market size was valued at $302.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% from 2021 to 2028. The diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental disorders are covered by dental services provided by dentists and dental professionals .
- dental laser market – Global dental lasers market size was valued at $931.8 million in 2018 and is expected to increase at a CAGR of 6.5% by 2026. The increasing number of dental disorders among a large population, coupled with growing awareness of oral hygiene, is the main driver of the growth.
- Oral care market – The global oral care market size was valued at $31.7 billion in 2020 and is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% from 2021 to 2028. Rising prevalence of dental caries among children and adults is expected to drive the market.
Browse Grand View Research coverage on the Global medical device industry.
Get to Grand View Compass, our intuitive BI-enabled market research database of over 10,000 reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, a US-based market research and consulting firm, provides syndicated and custom research reports and consulting services. Checked in California and whose head office is at San Francisco, the company has more than 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,200 market research reports to its extensive database each year.
These reports offer in-depth analysis of 46 industries in 25 major countries around the world. Using an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and assess upcoming opportunities.
FEATURED IMAGE CREDIT: Robert Dormer from Pixabay.